BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI IVE GOT A 1999 BMW 318I E46 SHAPE WHICH CURRENTLY HAS THE DAM ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT ON , I NEED TO FIND A FAULT CODE READER BUT AM UNSURE IF MINES OB2 OR OBII ETC , ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APRECIATED AS SEE SOME ON EBAY BUT DUNNO WHAT TO GET :confused

·
Registered
75 Posts
HI IVE GOT A 1999 BMW 318I E46 SHAPE WHICH CURRENTLY HAS THE DAM ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT ON , I NEED TO FIND A FAULT CODE READER BUT AM UNSURE IF MINES OB2 OR OBII ETC , ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APRECIATED AS SEE SOME ON EBAY BUT DUNNO WHAT TO GET :confused
Does your car have the 16 pin socket under the dash @ drivers footwell this is the OBll socket, your car will have the 20pin connector under the bonnet
which you will need a specific code reader for. OBll code readers are for petrol 2001 onwards & Diesel 2004 onwards but might work on earlier models

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there yes i believe mine has the socket in the drivers footwell , what reader would i need if this is the case thank u

·
Registered
7 Posts
Get a BMW specific one like mentioned in your other thread......generic OBDII scanners will not pick up BMW specific codes.....You are likely to have both the port in the drivers footwell and under the bonnet too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.