BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all,
we have a bmw e46 318i 1900cc 1999, all started with the car not responding as quick as it should when accelerating and rough tick over , so we changed the spark plugs, then we noticed a noise under the bonnet and changed the crankcase valve, now this is where the problem began, after changing it, took on test drive (as noise had gone) but the tick over n acceleration still the same . then the eml came on codes lead to evap small leak 61, vanos output stage cyl~5-8 a6, asc signal plausibility 8d, reset eml, have checked the pipes for leaks around the ccv, and can not find anything, but im sure its something that happened while changing the ccv can anyone throw any light on this for me please

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sure people would love to help but could you change the title of your post to read something a little more practical?

E46 318 '99 - Poor response on acceleration and rough tick over

Would be a lot easier and conform to the rules....

As for your question not something I'd know where to start with?!

Reactions: trystar

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
weve already changed that as found that just before all this started, n the maf is about 6months old, thanks for suggestion thou,

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Have you tried unplugging the MAF Plug and driving the car with it left disconnected?

Also have you viewed the engine live running data?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no not tried them yet, just in process of changing spray bar and injectors, found injectors r carboned up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts