BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a 318 bmw and when i bought it last year i only got one key with it, which is a master key. In the last two weeks the central locking on the remote is playing up. the car locks but when i come back the car does not unlock although it does immobilise the alarm. I then put the key in drivers door and open the door but only the drivers side opens. I cannot now open any of the other doors. The car starts fine but even the central locking button in the car does not open the other doors. This happens oddly at different times of the day mostly when I need to get the wife and kids in. this is soo frustrating and i have not been able to take the kids for a long drive during the holidays in fear of the whole system not letting me in. The thing is the other buttons work like the trunk button and the locking button. Its just the unlocking button which only immobilies the alarm but does not open the door. The other doors do not open from the inside either. It sometimes does work as normal. I have been to garages and they said go to bmw dealer. I phoned my local one and he has not replied but was going on about booking a service. please can you help??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thnk you...i am in south london in mitcham. the thing is the independant garages round here will not touch it cos they say bmw will only deal with it cos its a key problem and the bmw dealer is on the lookout for me to book it in for service before doing n e thing...please advise

·
Registered
163 Posts
Had a similar (same) prob decided to do all the regular things reset key,check module etc. then I just used some lube (white lithium,thats what I use on door hinges so I thought I would give it a go on plastic) on the actual door push down buttons themselves which appeared to have solved the prob,noticed that the lube had disclosed "friction" spots between the button and door trim (maybe that cause them to "seize), I must admit I don't use the "rear" doors often as in unlock via remote.But anyway it's been over 3 months and it's winter down here and all is good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.