BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Im trying to track down a leak on the inside of my mothers car,a few weeks ago the car mats were removed for cleaning and under the passenger side mats was a pool of water
I checked under the bonnet and cleared some leaves from the drain areas and also made sure the cabin filter box drains were clear,all seals around this area looked ok too
I put the hose over the car on monday and checked the door seals etc and couldnt see any water leaking in,i decided to pull up the carpets to see if i could spot anything underneath
The insulation was soaking and there was a good inch of water in the footwells,i have dried most of it up and left the carpets propped up so i can see underneath
I got the hose out again and spent a few minutes going over the car particularly the windscreen and bonnet vent area but again nothing came in,not even through the door seal area
I even resorted to removing both front wheel arch liners to check for unsealed holes etc,i put the hose up there too and nothing
Im a bit stumped now,i took the car through the carwash today and had the wash that blasts the underside of the car but not a drop came in
The water does seem to have some soap suds in it when i sqeeze it out of the carpets,there is no antifreeze in it so a leaking matrix can be ruled out
sorry for the longwinded post but im trying to give as much info as possible
Do you think the water could have gradually built up over time due to the use of carwashes and pressure washers?
I know the car didnt get used that often by the person she bought it off so maybe this is also a contibuting factor?
Any suggestions would be brilliant:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Definitely not the matrix? Have you checked/ topped up coolant level recently?

Is there actually any anti freeze in the cooling system:rofl

Which footwell's have been affected?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
def not the matrix as water is clear and antifreeze mix is good with no coolant loss
i havnt removed the door panel but with the hose on the car door no drips are visible entering through the bottom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.