BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,E39 1999 'V' Reg. Every now and then the sound will go on my system and sometimes it won't work for a week then it will come back again. I'm not sure if its the analogue TV tuner or a wiring fault. I think mine is the Professional system as opposed to the Business system,. The part number of mine is 6 902 015 and I dont seem to be able to locate this part anywhere. Does any one know if this part ( if at fault ) can be repaired. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
880 Posts
The BM24 radio module that you probably have is well known for dry joints that cause exactly this type of problem. It's a relatively simple job to reflow the joints if you are handy with a soldering iron.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Richard, I would like to have a go if I knew which bits to solder. I have taken the sides off the box but cant see any problems just by eye. Seems a heck off a lot of money for a new one so would like to get it repaired. Cheers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the soldering point info, I will try it next time it packs up. I messed about with it a lot today in and out of the car three times but nothing worked. I just went out in the car turned on the TV and gave the box a bang on the side and it is now working but probably not for long. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts