BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just bought E39 1999 530d with 140K on clock with full BMWSH (last service in Nov), car runs smooth but feels a little slugish so am thinking of getting a re-map with auto box reset, although I'm slighty concerned of the addtional pressure on an auto box thats done 140K..... Most remaps are quoting:-

BHP Before: 184
BHP After: 213
NM Torque Before: 390
NM Torque After: 455
I will get an ATF change before doing anything.....

Wot are your views about MAF probs , this can affect performance , if MAF is defective what are the symptons????

Cheers

DSB.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Usually if the MAF is knackered then the car will be sluggish on pull away, try disconnecting your MAF plug and then drive the car a good distance with it unplugged, if it goes alot better then you need a MAF.

The car may smoke a bit on hard acceleration with the MAF unplugged so just a heads up.(running rich)

As for the remap, wait and see what happens with your MAF 1st

·
Registered
470 Posts
Will you be possible to change the ATF? is not a sealed for life unit? - you can still get the ATF changed if it is a sealed unit but then you may as well get then to drop the sump, check for any debris, change the filter as well all at the same time...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well folks....I took the plunge and had the car re-mapped today by Jason at www.more-bhp.com (middlewich, cheshire). Really good service, maps are programmed for your preferences and settings, results are ace more MPG with increase in power across the range so not harsh on the autobox...will let you know how it goes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.