BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help with some info i recently changed all airflow pipes & air flow meter but am getting air suction noise from top end of engine i checked all pipe fittings all ok car is loosing power because of this also making pinking noise under acceleration .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can anybody help with some info i recently changed all airflow pipes & air flow meter but am getting air suction noise from top end of engine i checked all pipe fittings all ok car is loosing power because of this also making pinking noise under acceleration .
i have tried to change inlet manifold gasket today but could not get manifold off as i cant find bottom support arm bolt managed to strip down manifold bolts at top end removed all air pipes & air filter housing also removed n/s pollen filter housing to gain access but still could not get manifold to lift off i have changed air flow meter large pipe connecting between airflow meter and engine also the pipe that runs paralel to the fuel rail located under the engine cover above intake manifold

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why did you have to change the pipes and airflow meter to start with? were you having the induction noise problem before hand? if yes are you sure you havent got a blocked cat or exhaust as that can cause a forced induction noise and pinking? do you have an engine management light on?

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's the oil breather system.ther is a black plastic ball + diaphram type unit screwd to the manifold the diaphram will be split .the lower pipe on it will be choked solid.they do run crap when this happens.sometimes they make a humming sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.