BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out a minute ago to the 523, pressed the FOB - nothing - so I put the key in the lock and opened it, however only the drivers door unlocked, so I got in, turned the key in the ignition... You can see where this is going!

Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click!

So, the battery is toast!

But what one should I replace it with ? A cheap £40 one from a car-warehouse store or a good one for around £150 ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to keep the car for at least 10 years, so I'll go for a good one!

I just noticed your signature banner, so maybe you can help with this.

What the hell is the little boxes under the odometer for!? I keep wondering every time I'm driving the car, in fact a couple of days ago I almost went off the road staring at it and wondering!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I want to keep the car for at least 10 years, so I'll go for a good one!

I just noticed your signature banner, so maybe you can help with this.

What the hell is the little boxes under the odometer for!? I keep wondering every time I'm driving the car, in fact a couple of days ago I almost went off the road staring at it and wondering!
You must be referring to the service interval display. Have a read...http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f17/bmw-service-intervals-lights-t7128/ :thumbsup

·
Registered
248 Posts
I went for a bosch silver battery from Halfords. On the basis that no matter where I am, when the battery fails (5yr warranty), no questions, it will be replaced with the minimum of hastle. Good luck with your Flea bay trader in years to come.

·
Registered
207 Posts
hi, when the time comes you can reset your service lights with this tool which plugs in under the bonnet, it costs about £15 to buy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts