BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any one know how to remove the "On-board computer, television & sat nav" unit? I bought a so called Workshop manual on cd, next to useless, it lists only known faults and remedies for dealers.

·
Registered
262 Posts
This will help you to identify the components:
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/1863

You need to remove the wood trim immediatelt to the left of the steering wheel-this just pulls away with a bit of a wiggle.

To remove the glove box, loosen the 2 silver nuts that clamp the assembly to the spindle that runs from side to side under the very bottom of the glove box. Remove the e clips retaining the glovebox damper on one side, and strap on the other. Remove the box, unclipping the light connection.

Use the pics to remove the wood above the glove box-you don't need to remove any other trim. Note that the conical nylon retain nuts are fingertight only, and mostly have the wider end towards the wood. However, there are 2 near the console that have the opposite orientation to protect the airbag, and access is by feel.

Once the trims are off you you can see the top 2 monitor retaining screws; there is another in the centre bottom, and the last at just one of the bottom corners. Just lift out and unplug, but disconnect the battery 1st.

If you plan to do more get a set of the ETK, TIS and WDS (parts, repairs, wiring) discs-well worth it

·
Registered
262 Posts
You are welcome-I presume from the MY that you have a 4:3 monitor. Just a thought-if this is about upgrading to a widescreen, be sure to get one that was originally fitted to an E38-nothing from an E39, X5 etc will fit despite the ebay ads, even though they look the same...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts