BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Yesterday my zed starting making horrible noises when turning left and right at junctions, when I got it home I noticed fluid leaking from under the car and I jacked it up to take a look , found the metal pipe on the power steering has corroded with rust and is leaking. I have checked the other hoses and connections and they are all OK, I rubbed the metal pipe a little and it started leaking even more, so its defiantly the metal pipe. Ive searched the forums, tried Ebay, Google search and had a look at the online parts catalog, but cant find this pipe anywhere as a last resort I'll head to a Dealer.

Anyone know where I can get a hold of one of these pipes or is it part of the rack it's self?

Cheers

pipe.jpg

·
Registered
952 Posts
I think you will find its part of the rack which a bmw part will cost a packet i should think unless you can get a reconditioned part

·
Registered
952 Posts
just checked your looking at £406.80 for a new one and its a a proper bmw part here it is for you Power Steering Rack for BMW Z3(E36) 97-03 its on ebay and its by GSF parts with free delivery

·
Registered
952 Posts
just found out you can use a power steering leak fix I don`t know if its a permament fix bit it may be a lot cheaper to find out as its only £19.99+£3.99 p+p and its called Power Steering Rack Box BMW Z1 Z3 Z4 Leak Fix it is also on ebay and comes from the US

1 - 6 of 6 Posts