BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 99 T Reg 328i Sport Manual, when I started her up this morning to come into work the ASC light was on and wouldn't turn off even if I pressed the ASC switch. It was fine yesterday and I'm not hearing or seeing any problems with the engine or loss of power just wondering what it could be? Looking around I've seen it could be the pre throttle cable?? If this is true could some one let me know where to find this please? (sorry I'm no mechanic but don't mind giving it a go). Or could it be some thing simple like the relay or senors?

Many Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Commom fault with the E39s - it is the throttle cable sticking (or something around the throttle) or a ABS sensor gone as both systems use the same sensors. I had an E39 which after revving it like crazy (pushing the accelerator all the way) the ASC light comes on until I switch the engine off. So either sensor or throttle cable

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
also if the fuse (50p part) has blown, the ASC light will remain illuminated, so would be worth checking that on the off chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.