BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, A problem with my car, I have checked the usual H.Gasket, hoses for leaks etc, at times there is condensation from the Exhaust (White Smoke) on regular checking the system hardly any coolant loss the car also has A.C. although I do not use it that gives no Problem, I'm sure I have read on here a while ago of one of the Head Bolts coming loose! am I correct? does anyone know which bolt? is there a danger of the bolt snapping if tightened? the problem is more of an embarrassment than a problem, has anyone had this problem & what was your cure other than takeing off the rocker to cure, thanks for your help if any.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hi all, A problem with my car, I have checked the usual H.Gasket, hoses for leaks etc, at times there is condensation from the Exhaust (White Smoke) on regular checking the system hardly any coolant loss the car also has A.C. although I do not use it that gives no Problem, I'm sure I have read on here a while ago of one of the Head Bolts coming loose! am I correct? does anyone know which bolt? is there a danger of the bolt snapping if tightened? the problem is more of an embarrassment than a problem, has anyone had this problem & what was your cure other than takeing off the rocker to cure, thanks for your help if any.

Don't pratt about with the HEAD BOLTS mate, if those are what you mean.

as for the white smoke.................do you use the car often? short journeys?

sounds quite normal to me mate........if oil is fine, not losing any coolant, then don't worry about it.

Most beemers do have this charactersitic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.