BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for posting in General Discussions but need some replies today cos I need to order some new discs and pads for the front of my 1999 E46 328ci.

Anyone bought some recently? Can you recommend decent ones and which to avoid.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
If you are just looking for brakes that will do a good a job as the OEM spec stuff, then I give the :thumbsup for;

ATE Power Discs & ATE pads. I paid about £68 for the front discs and about £25 for the pads from Eurocarparts. Even when driving fast, braking from 140mph down to 30-40mph etc, or fast country lane driving, (no boy racer type thrashing) they have lasted for approximately 4 years!!! Only the pads are now starting to get low but there are no brake noises/judders/issues at all.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Brembo MAX and Textar work for me :thumbsup...and they look cool through the alloys :D
Textar are good as Neal P mentions, and the Brembo Maxx discs are circa £75 from GSFCP. Got these on the demo 328i and again, no issues.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
i fitted some ebc ultimax discs and redstuff pads a fortnight ago...bit of a grinding noise at 1st,but i think that was the 'brake-in' covering on the pads doing its stuff.
been using the brakes harder each day and must say they now seem a lot better than stock but plenty of feel when not driving ten tenths :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tend to find the EBC Ultimax discs and green stuff pads work well on my beemer to, however I am a big fan of Brembo Max discs and some nice red stuff pads.

all depends how much you wanna spend matey, although I always go for drilles and grooved discs as they look so much better.

Reactions: wattnv

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers folks,

Ordered the ones DSK recommended from Eurocarparts, suited my budget a bit more!

I'm now looking into powerflex bushes to hopefully improve the wooly steering any experiences of these?

:thumbsup

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much should I be looking to pay? Seen some on Ebay for £41 for the fronts and £60 odd for the rears, what cost am I looking at to get them fitted? Oh and do I need to change anything else at the same time?

Cheers

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Now you have made your purchase I have moved the thread into the correct forum:thumbsup

Please note that many members will see the thread anyway, many people just hit the "New Posts" button rather than surfing the forums.

Please continue to post in the correct sections and if you need urgent attention then send a PM to a moderator or steve 23002:thumbsup

Glad to see you got the assistance you required:cool There was some very good input from all members:thumbsup

With regards to Powerflez Polyurethane bushes, they are the best investment you can make. I use them on the coupe along with Eibach anti-roll bars and H&R coilovers:cool

They can be a swine to replace yourself but it's worth considering. One member on here was quoted 90 quid just to fit 2 lower control arm bushes that he had already purchased:eek

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers A20RYM,

I was being a tad cheeky posting in the general but wanted to get them ordered! Missed the f*ckin postie today so need to collect them at the sorting office tomorrow! DOH!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Cheers A20RYM,

I was being a tad cheeky posting in the general but wanted to get them ordered! Missed the f*ckin postie today so need to collect them at the sorting office tomorrow! DOH!
I hate it when that happens:rofl

I used to live in Weston and some of the couriers would take the package as far as Bristol which often meant having to leave work early to collect:frown

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.