BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please can some explain to me what is the asc switch for
that is along side the power hood switch
when should i actually be turning on and using this switch ????
many thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for reply
i have had car now for 2 years and never used this switch.
some one has told me that i should always drive with the asc in on position as it is safer to drive .
i am not sure about this and will only use as you have suggested in the snow or ice .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have been driving the car for 2 years now with the yellow light in off position does this mean i have been driving the car with traction control function working ???
normally when a light shows up on a switch or on the dash board it is because it is in the on position but you are telling me it is the reverse in this case ?
so that the car should be driven as standard with traction contol working otherwise you will get a permanant light in your face on the dash

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
the car defaults to asc on every time you start it ;)
you physically have to turn the traction off when you wanna have fun round asda car parks :D
IKEA ones have less things you can hit ;);)

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
i have been driving the car for 2 years now with the yellow light in off position does this mean i have been driving the car with traction control function working ???
normally when a light shows up on a switch or on the dash board it is because it is in the on position but you are telling me it is the reverse in this case ?
so that the car should be driven as standard with traction contol working otherwise you will get a permanant light in your face on the dash
If you have been driving the car with the ASC light illuminated on the dash for 2 years then the ABS hasn't been working as well probably

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.