BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 E36 convertible with the OEM Business Radio cassette player and boot mounted C.D. changer. The front engine fans remained on a while ago completely flattening the battery. Thats all sorted now, but in the process the power was lost to the radio so it needs to have the code entered before it will work. In my case I have the original code card, the serial number matches on the card and the set, but the code does not work. I was under the impression that the codes in these sets were hard wired, i.e. the customer could not change them. It is likely that the set has never had the power removed before so would the code have been wrong from the outset? I have tried one of the coding services and they have been very helpful but were only able to tell me that the code they come up with is the code non functional code I have. Any one advise? Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Are you entering the code correctly?

Turn on power
if CODE WAIT wait with power on for 15+ minutes
at CODE press button 1,2,3 & 4 until the correct code is shown
Press the right arrow button to submit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After the allocated number of trys, the code wait comes up. Currently it is just on 'CODE_ _ _ _ _' as I have waited the allocated time span. I could enter a code now, if I knew what it was! I'm reluctant to keep on inputting a code that doesn't work as I have an idea after so many tries it has to be reset professionally. supercass

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
This is most curious.

Consider pulling the vehicle battery for 30 minutes. I know it's not the best advice but it is a free test.

When I had this problem it was because I wasn't entering the code properly but I'm sure you are doing it correctly so I don't know.

The other suggestion is to get a Rover 45 CD player for £45 on eBay, gently sand off the rover logo and use that instead. Should be similar financial expenditure as sending the C33 off for repair.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20460964

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your system is different from mine, as mine has no cd slot, the cd changer is in the boot. I've left this connected, presumably this wouldn't affect the code inputting? supercass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts