BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time for me.
Car has been off the road for a few months and of course battery went flat. After charging, it seems to have developed a problem with the alarm/key fob, in regards to not opening after pressing the fob. Can anyone help me please ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i haven't as i can use the fob to lock, but can't open using the fob. The bleep goes off, but won't activate the central locking. i can then open the car via the driver's door lock, sometimes the alarm activates sometimes it doesn't. i have no problem starting the car after this. i've read there are some sequences you can go thru' to reset. have u any info on these ?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
To code the key, unlock car and get in closing the door behind you, turn ignition on and then off again, press and hold lock/unlock button, press double locking button briefly 3 times within 10 seconds while keeping lock/unlock button pressed, release unlock/lock button,
Led should flash slowly for 10 seconds, press lock / unlock button, central locking should lock and unlock to indicate correct coding procedure

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll give it a go in the morning, bottle of vino beckons after work ! i'll let you know the outcome. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi ronnie, wine was good and slept well after it !!
took glove box out and looked for the box with the rubber grommet, but couldn't find it. anyway, i thought the battery was quite low so decided to charge it. i had the power hood down at the time, i reconnected the battery and tried the central locking via the fob.....roof started to raise a little, then a bit more, until it was all the way up. Central locking working ok at the minute, but now something else, the rear vinyl window has cracked, what a ****. any recommendations of where to get one from...cheap ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts