BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 1999 convertible last night we had a party and the keys went missing i have a spare set but the fob stopped working so the car is armed i am guessing if i unlock the door with the spare keys the alarm will go off is there a way to disarm it ?can i disconnect the battery and when i reconnect it will the alarm set again.Thanks

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
If you unlock with the key the siren will activate (if there is any life left in it!). Put the key in the ignition & turn the ignition on. The indicators will flash for about a minute then they will switch off. When you start the car they may flash again but they will switch off after a few mins.

Reprogramming of the fob along with all the other alarm info is in my guide here...

[url]http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f3/e36-alarm-identification-guide-3t-2t-3g-ews-t39173/[/URL]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i disconnected the siren as well so as you say the indicators keep flashing when i open the doors but at least its not annoying the neighbours try to sort out the fob today is the immobilser connected with the fob or is that something to do with the key?car starts ok

1 - 3 of 3 Posts