BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, as in the title, went on real oem and was given either h1 or h7, looked on the headlight and it doesnt say, didnt have time to whip it out.

Reason im asking looking to fit a hid kit, are these good, do they cause any issues, are they easy enough to fit?

Thanks

·
Platinum BFuk Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right will inspect them later, am on jury service and was bores sh**less, so went out and bought an iphone(neede a phone anyway) so i can be on the forum HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Ive been sitting around all day doing nothing its pants!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sanj, my '99 E36 323i Coupe are H7...sorry to confuse matters. On the HiD topic, I was so very close to buying an upgrade and then heard some after market kits are not road legal because of beam pattern blah blah blah but importantly, will FAIL an MOT. Like I say, only heard this but it's left me in a rut as to which ones to get, If anyone has a supplier and knows their goods to have passed the MOT drop a line.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
I've known people who have aftermarket HID's and they pass MOT's no problem. Worst case scenario, it fails. So just put the other bulbs in, get it through the MOT, then put the HID's back in, its not much hassle. :thumbsup

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay, thanks for that...Sanj...if your headlight assembly is Bosch then the lamp is H1. If the assembly is ZKW then the lamp is H7...hope this helps! :hihi

·
Administrator
4,219 Posts

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Sanj, my '99 E36 323i Coupe are H7...sorry to confuse matters. On the HiD topic, I was so very close to buying an upgrade and then heard some after market kits are not road legal because of beam pattern blah blah blah but importantly, will FAIL an MOT. Like I say, only heard this but it's left me in a rut as to which ones to get, If anyone has a supplier and knows their goods to have passed the MOT drop a line.

Cheers
They will not fail an MOT, as long as the MAIN colour is white :thumbsup
Also you should get them aligned at a garage after fitting.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers guys, just checked them and i have h1's, i know the mot bloke pretty well so thats not an issue. Hopefully i will get the hid kit at the end of the month. Will keep you posted guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.