BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my vert 3 years ago, the driver side front window had the issue where it would go part way up, then drop down again. I was all ready to buy a new motor until I changed jobs and the BMW sat idle due to company car. Then when I went to start using her again, the window would occasionally jam, ie press to drop the window but other than a click from the relay in the door, nothing happened. It tended to just need a short drive and a couple of bumps and it kick started in to life. Then the more I used her, the whole fault cleared, even went up in one go without dropping again.

Anyhow, she's probably been sat for about 2 weeks and the window is again stuck solid. Despite a 4 hour drive, the window will not move. Doesn't even drop a fraction when opening the door.

Does this sound like a new motor needed or might it be more than that? I can still hear the relay click in the door, just no movement. Need to get this fixed as I had to have the windows up for all the journey because a vert looks stupid with just one window up and the roof down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds as if the regulator needs replacing, or at the very least greasing the channels. This is riveted to the door and needs to be drilled out if replacing. There is also a motion sensor which stops the window from closing if it detects your kids kneck in the way etc, it is also worth replacing this if changing out the regulator and motor, these tend to screw up over time (You can generally tell if this is faulty as the window won't close properly, it goes up and seals then drops down an inch or so again).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.