BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Iv got abit of a problem iv also been told its a common problem with bmws but not sure as this is my first beemer. My passengers side headlight has got aload of mist in it but my side is crystal clear :confused So far iv taken the passengers side headlight out, popped it in the oven on a low heat and removed the rubber seal with a stanley knife then put a fresh seal of waterproof silicone around it and popped um back in the car, It seemed to stay clear for about 2 days then slowly started misting up again. How can i prevent this or is it a case of buying a new headlamp?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure on that one i will check them tomorrow didnt think about um for some reason. If it is them tho can they be sorted out or am i just stuck with it?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
seat ibiza had this problem they drilled a small hole in the back of the cover where you couldnt see it, fixed the problem. google it ;)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
ive left the covers off too,but still get a small problem..so be it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
i had this problem and ive took the lights out dryed the front glass rubbers and got heat gun on them and the glass left to cool down put bk in and left the bulb covers off and they seem to be ok and that was 3wks ago. hope u get it sorted mate.

Reactions: Horny Devil 8

·
Registered
387 Posts
no worries mate it worked for me, let me no if it works for u bit every car diff so fingers crossed lol.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will do when i get round to doing it mate cheers :D I just passed my hgv theory test with 96 outta 100 so gonna be going on a piss up tonight :thumbsup

·
Registered
387 Posts
lol well done dude, have a good night.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts