BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone thought it was about time i started a thread on what i done to my car, Some of it is an improvement, some of it iv nawsed up and other bits aint fully finished yet but this is a start. My to do list so far is as follows. Tint the windows, put black leather seats in, recolour the parcel shelf black, fix the 18 button obc, change the leds to blue and add a few carbon fibre bits to it.

This is what my car used to look like:

I was under the inpression that red interior would look good but was wrong :lol

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I then started the 18 button obc from the analoge clock fit heres a few pics of that. My old analoge clock had a blue bulb in it and it doesnt show up to well on the pic sorry. The only thing i still need to sort out is the outside temp but hopefully getting that sensor soon. :thumbsup

·
Registered
390 Posts
Great start m8 shall look forward to see how you get on with your progress :thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next up was the dials as they were abit plain and boring lol changed the lights to blue, put carbon fibre sticker around the dials then fitted some chrome rings to give it a finishing touch :thumbsup

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is where its being a mess, The outside sticker i brought off a mate left it on my car for about a week and really couldnt get myself to like it so just took it off no big deal but the carbon fibre sticker around the centre console i do like but not sure where i went wrong while fitting it as theres creases or air bubbles in it so need to take that off and try again i think is there a techniec to applying it or was i just unlucky? On the upside tho i changed the standard footwell speakers to some new more bassy ones which are louder 120watts and are clearer aswell :thumbsup

·
Registered
387 Posts
Im glad you took that sticker of the side its wrong imo mate lol, thats the sort of thing you see on corsas and saxos lol. What where you thinking?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im glad you took that sticker of the side its wrong imo mate lol, thats the sort of thing you see on corsas and saxos lol. What where you thinking?

I know it was an eyesore pmsl i dunno to be honest my mate was selling it and thought i would give it ago wheat you dont try you will never know lol but yeah i dont miss that sticker at all now :thumbsup i suppose i just wanted to do something to make it stand out abit, but i soon realised it was standing out just not in the way i wanted it to stand out lol

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lookin nice mate :D
Cheers mate, I like it the only thing that i dont get is where i went wrong wiith the carbon fibre on the centre console, gonna be ripping that off soon as it looks naff when its not done properly. Iv got a few plans for it yet tho, Pull the blue gaiters out and put some black leather m3 ones in, Get a new gear knob as the carbon fibre one dont fit it properly keeps working loose cuz theres not enough room between the inside of that and the gearstick to put the plastic cover you get with them so the screws aint gripping the metal pole and keep working loose so put the original one back in it was either that or the red and chrome one which wont look right with the blue gaiter lol, I wanna tint the windows then put some black leather seats in it, get some angel eyes and that will do for now just saving up to do them bits to it. Take it one step at a time or i will get lost on what i am and aint doing :thumbsup

·
Registered
387 Posts
oh i can see by them pics it stood out mate lol, least you took it off then and i reckon there would of been afew people laughing at it as you were driving around.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah just a few lol, Least its gone now never to be returned pmsl. Ok where did i go wrong with putting that carbon fibre on the centre console? Why has it gone all creased? I done everything it showed me on youtube put the glue on then warmed up the carbon fibre sheet with a hairdryer so it was more flexiable so it would bend with the console and still it never went on properly :frown

·
Registered
387 Posts
Im not sure to be honest mate ive never tried doing that myself, maybe you rushed it and it didnt dry propperly etc, if you got any left try doing it again on something so you get to learn how not to do it wrong.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Na i dont have any left maybe its cuz theres a curve on it maybe it will be better on something thats flat like the triangles on the inside of the wing mirrors i dunno lol thats something i tried and didnt go right so wont do it again lol :rofl

·
Registered
387 Posts
I dont think it matters if theres curves etc its suppose to go on anything if done right? we live and learn so you will know for next time or maybe get a pro to do it for you and get a mint job done.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Saying all that im gunna give it ago lol.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok good luck :thumbsup post some pics up when you have done it, Maybe its a case of you get what you pay for and the stuff i was was shite cuz it was cheapish lol

·
Registered
387 Posts
I wont be doing it for awhile yet got loads other stuff i want doing first, how much did you pay for the wrapping and where from like?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ok thats where i seen it but wernt sure if it was any good, but for a £5 its gotta be worth a punt.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts