BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

at the weekend i took my car around my mates because the abs and traction control light had come on and the brake pedal had started juddering. He got his code reader out and it said rear left wheel speed sensor incorrect signal. I cleared the code took it for a drive and it come back on. So we read it again and it was the same fault. I went out and got the replacement speed sensor and replaced it. The brake has stopped juddering about but Now we can't get the code cleared? Any ideas what it could be??

Many thanks Scott

·
Registered
156 Posts
Could be a few things. Was it an oem sensor or a pattern part? None oem sensors are renowned for being crappy. Was it the correct sensor for the year of the car? There are different sensors. Incorrect signal could also be the abs ring in the rear hub also.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there was a couple of engine management codes but i didn't think they would affect the abs though.

yeh the sensor was an oem replacement. It looked exactly the same as what came off and connected straight back up. Is the anyway of checking the abs ring in hub??

thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Might not be the ring, i was just throwing it in there as a maybe. Could be something as simple as a snapped wire! It is possible to check the signal but u need potentially expensive equipment. Im not 100% sure but GT1 might be able to give you more info, assuming that you havent already got GT1 ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to bring this back to life, but I can't find an answer specifically about this one anywhere else

I've physically put a sub box in my boot (no connections yet), and after that (done absolutely nothing else at all, not even driven it) the ABS and traction control light is on permanent.

I'm a little suspicious of the collection of black wires that come through the middle of the back seat (2 x thin, 2 x fat) - are these anything to do with the wheel speed sensors? the sub box is sitting on them a little bit, and it's not a light box

with a bit of luck I've just broken a wire and can easily resolder, no probs.. if that is likely? Also, point to note, in looking at where all the sub wires are going to go (not wired in yet) under the doors, I noticed a thin black wire suspiciously hanging slightly out of the the plastic strip under the rear p/s door.. is this likely to be slack on the wheel speed sensor cable?

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts