BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i bought this E36 318is in techno violet just over a week ago now and just thought id make a project thread :) it cost me £1250 which i didnt think that was too bad. Its already got tinted windows and a A/C schnitzer exhaust.

Here is what it looked like when i first picked it up
View attachment 18314

As soon as i got it i knew i was gonna have to get some new alloys for it so i decided to go for these 17" motorsport ones.

View attachment 18315
View attachment 18316
View attachment 18317
View attachment 18318

Whats next?? replacing the bump strips down the side for m-tech ones. For some reason the previous owner has put the standard thin strips on :confused
Also just order a set of ccfl angel eyes :thumbsup

I'll keep you updated on whats next and what ive done :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys :)

New mod today is making the fogs and sidelights come on when the car opens :) see what it looks like in the dark now.

Im in bourn mate, where abouts are you?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Project update now ive got my laptop back :)

i thought id give my car a bit of uplift with some carbon fibre with that new carbon fibre 3m wrap. Also a mate had a spare carbon fibre dial surround.

View attachment 19272
View attachment 19275
View attachment 19276
View attachment 19277

Also got the mtech mouldings fitted. It makes the car look alot better and the way it should be :)

View attachment 19273
View attachment 19274

Now ive finished refurbing some alloys i got cheap :) just need to get tires fitted. Not sure if i like these or the motorsport ones i've got on now??:confused whats your opinions guys??

View attachment 19278

I've also changed the kidney grills to black and smoked the clear indicators and finally got my CCFLs fitted :)

View attachment 19279

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
About time for a well needed update :hihi

Well to start off ive changed the kidney grills from black to carbon fibre wrap which i think looks much better.
View attachment 20772

Ive also added some colour to the engine bay whilst changing the injectors and inspecting the cam chain. Makes the engine bay look much cleaner :thumbsup
Before:
View attachment 20769

After:
View attachment 20764

View attachment 20765

View attachment 20766

View attachment 20767

View attachment 20768

Also made and fitted a fibreflass box so that it takes up less boot space
View attachment 20770

Now fitted some e92 alloys as the motorsports were looking a bit tatty and i didnt think it was worth refurbing reps. Also had to fit amber indicators in the front as one of my smoked one seem to fall out :frown not sure if i like them or not??

View attachment 20771

Thanks for looking all comments and opinions for more mods are welcome

Ps ive uploaded these pics from photobucket but they still seem to be small??

·
Registered
800 Posts
Another update.

Fitted an x-brace and what an improvement has made. It has tightened the whole front up. Its a definate recommendation :hihi

View attachment 21312

hello mate always wanted to fit a x brace myself but was told that on a low car it would be too low so can you give me a rough idea of how much lower it comes than the standard bar?

cheers
lee

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I must say you have done a stunning job on the whole of the 318iS!!

A really good job with the engine bay!!! Which reminds me I need to clean mine!!!:hihi

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hello mate always wanted to fit a x brace myself but was told that on a low car it would be too low so can you give me a rough idea of how much lower it comes than the standard bar?

cheers
lee
I'll have a measure up @ the weekend for you mate. When i get it in the air to sort out my lowering springs.

I must say you have done a stunning job on the whole of the 318iS!!

A really good job with the engine bay!!! Which reminds me I need to clean mine!!!:hihi
Thanks mate :hihi yeh its needing a clean now theyve started to combine round here :shifty:
The engine bay should hopefully be changed in the next couple of weeks. Be a bit more full up :thumbsup

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah thats right niall. :)

AGAIN?? what colours it now?? Thought it kind of looks oem. The 6 pots have the black and silver plastics covers so thought see what it looks like and it didnt turn out too bad for a rattle can job

1 - 20 of 25 Posts