BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have trawled for days through every forum and thread I can find on these alarm modules.

I have a new Aftermarket alarm I want to install on my 99 E36 vert. It has the dealer fitted sepi star 3g mark 2 alarm module fitted, with a 24 pin wiring connector, along with an 8 pin siren connector.

I have the male plugs to fit onto these, and want to make up a lead from my new alarm to plug into the existing 24 and 8 pin conns behind my glovebox.

I cannot find any details on what the exisitng wires are for. An installation doc for this alarm would be ideal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help. I managed to find a sigma alarm wiring diagram, and Have just spent the last 8 hours getting everything hooked up and working.

one other question,
I want to use the oem siren that is already under my bonnet, It is fully functional (used to go off with my old alarm)

I want to use it with my new alarm, and I could do with a pin out for the siren connector.

the connector has 5 wires going to it, I assume it will be +12v, 0v, loop in loop out (to detect cable chopping) and trigger?

does anyone know which wire does what?

Ive trawled the internet, including the document suggested above, but to no avail.

I dont want to use the new siren, as it has no battery backup.

Thanks again :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts