BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the headlights out out of my 318i touring numerous times now trying to get rid of the mist in them. I have split them (lense away from the bulb units) had them on the radiator got rid of the fog, re installed them that lasted about 2 days. The second time I dried them out with the mrs's hairdryer and put a silica gel packet in each (tucked in the side so they are hiden) when I put them back together. This seemed to work but alas after a week and some damp weather the fogging has returned.

Has anyone else solved the problem? Is sealant the way to go, I didnt want to silicone them and find that the fogging comes back and i cant get them apart.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hi mate,

Shouldn't there be a rubber seal that goes all the way around the headlamp body between the glass lense?

I'm pretty sure there is or should be.......................They do perish over time and are available from the dealer..............I have changed these before but cant remeber if it was on my E38 or E36 but they both have similar design head lamps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts