BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a go at fixing my dodgy driver's side window today, its sticking & tilting as it gets 2/3 of the way down, adjustment & lubrication is in order. Anyway, i cant for the life of me get the door pannel off, ive pulled incredibly hard & all i can hear is like a glue peeling kind of sound, which i guess is the frame peeling off the door pannel. Anyone had this before? Or has it been glued to the door at some point?!!!

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
There are two blanking plugs under the grab handle in the door which need to be prised out. Under these are 2 torx headed screws. Slide the plastic surround off of the inner door pull, IIRC they push forward. Then start from the bottom of the pad and gently pull the pad away from the door frame, they can be tight. You can use a large flat bladed screwdriver to lever the pad and get behind the clips but be very gentle.
I would also get a handful of the white plastic clips from BMW because they usually break. If the clips break the door card rattles and annoys you. They are only pennies from BMW though. :thumbsup
Hope this helps a bit :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, I had the same problem with my Coupe, it turned out to be the plastic cog within the motor, If you go in that direction the job is fairly easy, take out the plastic cog get a small file & refile the cog ( you will see what I mean when you remove it)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.