BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, after being a member of many ford forums for a while, i know that for a ford car, for example a zetec s, Installing NOS can be a very effective way to quick performance gains, does anyone have any experience with fitting them to a BMW, some may see it as a chavvy but i know its nothing like that in fast and furious, and wonder if the gains are actually effective on a bigger and tougher engine like the BMW's have?

Cheers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello, after being a member of many ford forums for a while, i know that for a ford car, for example a zetec s, Installing NOS can be a very effective way to quick performance gains, does anyone have any experience with fitting them to a BMW, some may see it as a chavvy but i know its nothing like that in fast and furious, and wonder if the gains are actually effective on a bigger and tougher engine like the BMW's have?

Cheers.
I have NOS on my 318is it is developing at least 958bhp at the wheels, i would also suggest running on a 50/50 petrol/deisel mix i know this sounds wierd but it really does work

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have NOS on my 318is it is developing at least 958bhp at the wheels, i would also suggest running on a 50/50 petrol/deisel mix i know this sounds wierd but it really does work
Please don't take any offence by this, but u sound serious, while that figure, plus using 50/50 petrol/diesel sounds a little out-there.
Was that a serious statement?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
"some may see it as a chavvy", on the contrary, it's just pointless.

If you want more power just buy a 328 instead - almost double the BHP for almost no extra cost. 328's tend to have better spec too. I know they are heavier on petrol but NOS isn't free and at least your insurance will be valid!

....or follow Kodosuk's advice but add one of those electric superchargers to get it over the 1000 BHP mark....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts