BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks,
Everything was working well on my 530D until it was broken into and the battery went dead. Since then, I've been unable to get keyless entry or the alarm to do anything. Here's what I've done so far:

• Tried resync procedure
  • Checked fuses
  • Tried resync procedure
  • Confirmed fuel door working
  • Tried resync procedure
  • Replaced key batteries
  • Tried resync procedure
  • Tried resync procedure while holding the key up over my right shoulder (it's a LHD car, as I'm in NL)
  • Pulled car battery, put on charger, reinstalled
  • Tried resync procedure again

I have to admit, I'm totally baffled what the next step should be. Any suggestions, even silly ones, warmly welcomed!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
What procedure did you use for programming and what style of key do you have? I presume three button one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it's the three-button one. The 'sit in car, doors closed, ignition on to position 1, ignition off, immediately take key out and hold unlock and click lock three times inside of 10 seconds, then release unlock and all doors will lock and unlock' method. I've tried several variations on that including turning the ignition to position 2, and also doing it with the rear hatch open (don't ask).

I would like to add that central locking otherwise works fine. The button on the console locks/unlocks everything normally, auto-lock when moving the car is still active, and two turns of the key in the tumbler unlocks all as well. Oh, AND I've tried my other key (same type, new batteries as well) with zero luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts