BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am new here and looking for ur help. My babes engine died, and need a replacement. I found a nice one from 2003 318 model.lots of diferent opinions I get.So only you now can help me. Please tell me what will fit and what not. Big thank you.

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hi guys. I am new here and looking for ur help. My babes engine died, and need a replacement. I found a nice one from 2003 318 model.lots of diferent opinions I get.So only you now can help me. Please tell me what will fit and what not. Big thank you.
It should fit from a 2000 model car. You will need the ECU and EWS module as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. I will letr pros to do the job but I need to find an engine replacement on my own becouse what they find me is about 700 pounds to spend, but I heard that u can get them cheape. So I tryed lots of places and found couple of newer versions as 2003, but dont realy know do they fit, couse mechanics got diferent opinions aswell. And what about the older versions of engines? Thank you for your help and I am sorry that I mist some details in my explanation.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I was looking in that site did not find anything.so can I fit something from newer model
any engine can be made to fit mate.

Your's is the earlier E46 1.9 engine M43TU, engine code 194E1.

The 194E1 will be stamped on the LHS of the chasis plate, this is the engine that you need.............if you get any other versions of the M43 type engines, they will not run with the ECU and harness that you already have.

Do it right, get the correct engine that is meant for your car.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
any engine can be made to fit mate.

Your's is the earlier E46 1.9 engine M43TU, engine code 194E1.

The 194E1 will be stamped on the LHS of the chasis plate, this is the engine that you need.............if you get any other versions of the M43 type engines, they will not run with the ECU and harness that you already have.

Do it right, get the correct engine that is meant for your car.

Thanks for clearing this matter up Ray:thumbsup

I seem to remember you posting this info on another thread some time back IIRC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.