BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for love no money can i work out why my left windscreen washer is not working, i have checked the pipe, which is clear... what else could it be?

also i have cleaned my wiper blades (which seem in good condition), but they just leave a a really bad smear, so much so i can barely see on the motorway, i tried cleaning them with vinegar and all sorts!

please could someone bail me out?

cheers guys

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi When you say the pipe is clear,is water coming out the disconected pipe,from the washer?

Ive had washer jet blockages on my car ,which is the same as yours.

Ive always cleared blocked nozzles,by firing a jet wash at it from a close range

How old are your wipers? I change mine every year as they do deteriate with age.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have not changed them for about a year, although they look in decent condition. Maybe i should just change them, but the guy at my garage said there fine...?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Have you given your windscreen a good clean? If cleaning the wipers and screen doesn't sort the smearing out then get new wipers.

As for your washer problem, operate the washers with the pipe off to the one that doesn't spray, if water comes out then you must have a blocked jet

·
Registered
312 Posts
sounds like a blocked jet to me - easy to fix with a needle or something similar. Nothing worse than bad wipers. Soon as they start to make a sound, get rid of them. Good new ones are a must. Try some Rain-x too. Doesn't rain here much, but I swear by this product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts