1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the new beast :)

Very happy with her so far! Only purchased tonight :lol

Better pictures to follow :)
rubbish ones at the moment due to lighting etc!!

And Yes I am selling the 328i cab if anyone is interested :)

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Congratulations on your new beast Melly, I saw you are selling the Cab on FB and getting a Z3, is a good girls car, :thumbsup(Ronnie waits for the backlash from Z3 owners, :rofl)

How you finding the 2.8 power? :hihi

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Afcneal - Unfortunately I am one for thinking that original is better in most cases with BMW's :) each to their own!

Will get some better pictures up after the weekend :) when I have given her a good clean!

Finding there is quite a big difference between this and the previous bimmer!!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
nice car melly! - welcome to the Z3 club! :D

I agree to an extent that original/OEM is better in some respects - but there are still a few OEM bits you could consider adding to your car to improve it - depending on how much you want to spend and your tastes etc:

* ///M mirrors (you can get these brand new for £150 from eBay - let me know if you want the sellers details)
* ///M side gills (although I notice you have the chrome ones)
* if chrome is your thing then you also get a chrome windscreen surround and chrome handles
* clear front and rear indicators (done a write up for these on here)
* OEM roll hoops - this is a fairly straightforward retrofit and places like Quarry Motors can supply all the brackets and interior trim needed in kit form (as long as your car has a suitable build date as the very early models didn't come with predrilled rear bulkhead or inboard fittings for the hoops)
* If you didn't like the look of the black surround around the front windscreen then this can also be removed as it was only applied over paint
* Interior wise then the Z3M and Z3 sport models are relatively easily fitted as is the retrofit chromeline pack
* Hardtop... well it is winter!

other non OEM options worth considering:

* strut brace = a must!! -tightens up the front end very nicely
* exhaust - again like the strut brace, I would say this is almost definitely a must!! - I have no idea whey BMW wanted to give the Z3 2.8 such a muted exhaust note.. but theres a lot of good aftermarket setups which will enable you to hear how the car should have sounded from the factory (I've got a SuperSprint on mine and can recommend if you want something sportier yet still quite subtle and civilized)
* suspension (done a full write up on this as well) - depending on mileage, type of driving and how tired the originals are then its worth considering
* wheels - I'm running staggered 18's (8.5 front and 9.5 rear) and 18's is probably about the largest you want to go on a roadster - 19's look good on coupe's but I've not really seen a set on a roadster I think suit it.. they all look too large

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Congratulations on your new beast Melly, I saw you are selling the Cab on FB and getting a Z3, is a good girls car, :thumbsup(Ronnie waits for the backlash from Z3 owners, :rofl)

How you finding the 2.8 power? :hihi
:talktothehand:hissyfit

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:hihi

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Pangster - that was really really helpful!!

I didnt realise the black around the windscreen could be removed - mine was starting to peel a little bit in one place - so was concerned about that. Is it like a plasticy material?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Thanks Pangster - that was really really helpful!!

I didnt realise the black around the windscreen could be removed - mine was starting to peel a little bit in one place - so was concerned about that. Is it like a plasticy material?
yep - just like a thick vinyl sticker.. peel it off (carefully) and you should have some nice fresh, shiny paint underneath it.. :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 26 Posts