BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to convert my m3 evo to manual using the smg gearbox!has anyone on here done this?i have been searching but there is no step by step guide?

would be very greatful for any help you can give!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
im looking to convert my m3 evo to manual using the smg gearbox!has anyone on here done this?i have been searching but there is no step by step guide?

would be very greatful for any help you can give!
There are lots of how tos, it can be done, finding a machine shop to do the internal machining for the "detents" can be the hardest bit.

PM me and I'll see if my mate that had his converted will speak to you. He bought a box in the end as finding a machinist to take on the internal circlip part was causing delays. However he did locate all the parts except the two dowels for centreing (no biggy to turn) that aren't available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea if found bits here and there but there is no real step by step guide!shouldnt have any problem sourcing a machine shop!is there many parts that need changed in the internals of the gearbox?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
My mate found the engineering drawing for the mods to the bell housing casting. Barring that it isn't that different to any auto to manual conversion.

He probably still has a load of spares for repairing SMG too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts