BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys well ive been here a few days but been a bit busy to upload any pics, but im ready now so heres how my car stands right now :)

Just after fitting my 6000k Angel eyes, looks a bit funny on the N/S as it started throwing it down just as i finished :)

Nice clean engine bay :)

Its Orient Blue, Honest! I love the way the paint catches the surrounding light, cars always look moody in underground car parks! Bonus is, this is where i live in Manchester so nice and warm and dry if i want to do (minor) jobs :)

Sunshine :)

:)

Ok so, a bit about the car, its a 1998 328iSE Full FSH when i bought it and a lovely Vehicle specification Enquiry which tells me:

Sports suspension fitted :)
MF sports steering wheel
5 star style rims in 7Jx16
Sunroof and Climate control
Rain sensor
Myrtle wood trim (always giggle at myrtle :))
N6HC light beige leather.

So its got a pretty good spec, and coming from an e39 528i, im enjoying high speed cornering a bit more. Basically i just want to tidy it up a bit, theres some rust on the back arches and 2 very slight dents in the NS doors you can only see them if you catch the light right. Main things im going to do first are 3M the myrtle to a nice carbon fibre effect, i think it looks ace against the beige leather. Ive picked up some aftermarket projector lights and crystal indicators to match, but if they look naff there going back on fleabay :) Control arm bushes need doing, powerflex style so i dont end up having to do them every other week, which seems the norm :D

I will of course add to this thread as i go :) I like input and criticism so id like your opinions as i go along :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New lights arrived at the girlfriends tonight, will fit them when im in Manchester at the weekend!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a slow day at work today so i shot to halfrauds to have a nosey and ended up buying paint :)

They didnt have orient blue on the shelf (typical) so they mixed it for me, and while a tad expensive i was impressed with the colour match. So armed with wet n dry, primer, paint and laquer i stole the workshop at work and set about sorting out the drivers door shut.

Previous lady owner obviously wore heels and wasnt very careful getting out so had rubbed away about 6 inches of paint. Annoying to me, as you can clearly see it when the door is shut and its been nagging at me so...

All sanded down.

Primer on! I ended up using parcel tape and newspaper as i completely forgot to pick up any masking tape! Luckily it wasnt uber sticky so peeled off without leaving anything behind.

First of the 3 coats i put on today, tomorrow im going to give it a rub with 1500 grit wet n dry and then a top coat and then 2 coats of laquer. Im quite pleased with myself as the colour match/depth is spot on at the mo and im hoping when the paints gone off in a couple of weeks it will cut in nicely!

More to follow tomorrow

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
coming along nicley cant wait to see how the paint job comes along :thumbsup

Reactions: Trixxz

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So bit off time free again today so i thought id rub down yesterdays paint, stick a topcoat on and laquer!

Didnt realise how faded the paint on the skirt was! Needs blending in now when the paints gone off i think?

Looks loads better than the rusty stripe that was there before!

Does anyone have any tips on blending it in to the surrounding paint, if you notice i did spray a slightly larger area but rattle cans have 0 control so its kinda on/off :)

Checked the discs/pads and there not far off needing doing, i was looking at maybe drilled/grooved discs. Such big discs on the 328i seems a shame not to draw attention to it! Anyone got any good feedback on brakes? Not silly expensive but not el cheapo either!

Crystal indicators arrived in manchester today so thats Lights and indicators and paint to do saturday! I hand my notice in friday at my current job..no job 100% to go to yet! I must be mad ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ordering pressed plates and surrounds later!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Speak to CRN Products on here, they did me a great deal on some Pagid grooved discs and pads for the rear.

Need to fit my new braided hoses soon too.

Hope you buy them from CRN! Nigels a great bloke!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
German style plates ordered and surrounds, im aware that im likely to get pulled but ill go as long as i can :) pics up over the weekend hopefully

·
Registered
500 Posts
German style plates ordered and surrounds, im aware that im likely to get pulled but ill go as long as i can :) pics up over the weekend hopefully
Where did you get the plates from?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts