BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pondering whether to get HIDs for my Pre facelift 328i. Can i get facelift Lights with the internal indicator to fit or am i better off going on fleabay and looking for some "close to oem" units? Im relectunt to fit HIDs as it is as i have reflectors. My angel eyes turned up today though so ill have fun playing with them tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If you do get projector headlights, make sure they're for right hand drive cars; most manufacturers seem to be either German or from the US, i.e. LHD land.

·
Registered
93 Posts
DEPO headlights can be adjusted from LHD to RHD by moving a lever inside the light. Very easy and quick to do. I can also vouch for their build quality, I'm over the moon with my retrofit HID's and projectors.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Mods - I've copied my post from another thread, but it's relevant here too.

Here are some pics of my Depo Projector headlights with the 50w kit from HIDs Direct, as fitted to my pre-facelift e46 saloon:

Light Output:

Beam Pattern:

In Traffic:

Some of those pics make them look "bluer" than they really are. I went for the 6000k colour.

I'm very happy with them. Like I said, went straight through MOT and I've had nobody flash me to say they're dazzling...

Gareth

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Cool, thanks for that. I wonder if the titanium inserts from my 330i headlights would fit in there. Hmmm...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well ive gone ahead and fitted my angel eyes to my reflectors, must say they didnt "quite" fit properly but you cant tell unless you get right down and look!

Managed to pick a set of projectors up on Ebay, aftermarket ones, the guy bought them in error for his facelift E46. Ill post pics of em when they turn up! Ive had another thought though, will i lose my headlight adjustment on none OEM lights?

·
Registered
753 Posts
have you got just projectors? if yes i mounted mine to the reflector housing so it still adjusts as it should. Depends on what projectors you have aswell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts