BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've been a fairly quiet member (which is a good thing as it means nothing is going wrong with my car touch wood!)

However I do have 3 small irritating issues :shifty:

1. while going in a straight line my steering wheel is not straight on, will this be a tracking and balancing job or a job needing to move the steering wheel round?

2. My passenger side heated mirror does not work, I've checked the fuses which are fine, any ideas? I would think this means my heated washers are not working either :sarcastic.

3. One of my washer jets is blocked and I've already seen what I need to do to clear it but how do I remove them? is it easy to do?

4. Rain sensor doesn't work, not a big deal just would be nice if it did :cool anything obvious I should look at?

Thanks for your help apart from these small probs the car has been great :thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Hi all

I've been a fairly quiet member (which is a good thing as it means nothing is going wrong with my car touch wood!)

However I do have 3 small irritating issues :shifty:

1. while going in a straight line my steering wheel is not straight on, will this be a tracking and balancing job or a job needing to move the steering wheel round?

2. My passenger side heated mirror does not work, I've checked the fuses which are fine, any ideas? I would think this means my heated washers are not working either :sarcastic.

3. One of my washer jets is blocked and I've already seen what I need to do to clear it but how do I remove them? is it easy to do?

4. Rain sensor doesn't work, not a big deal just would be nice if it did :cool anything obvious I should look at?

Thanks for your help apart from these small probs the car has been great :thumbsup
:lol at nothing wrong yet part :thumbsup

1. I would get the tracking checked out, they should check your suspension bushes out while they are there and then align the car, they will be able to straighten the steering wheel at the same time by adjusting the tracking :thumbsup.

2.You could remove the door trim and check for power at the mirror plug, also check for power at the fuse, both with a test light. If the drivers heated mirror is working then I would expect the heating element has burnt out in the passenger side :frown

3.I would just pull the pipe of from under the bonnet, operate the washers to blow any c*** out then give the jet a good blow out, and poke it with a small pin to clear the nozzles. Then reconnect and try it

4.This is the only rain sensor problem I know of, will be worth getting the codes read for them View attachment 2155

Your car definitely got rain sensors? (not trying to sound rude or anything :hihi)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks Ronnie

Sorry for my slow response its been a day!

1. I thought that may be the case ill get it booked in, come to think of it I think I've only ever had 1 car where the wheel has been straight on it!

2. Sounds like a lot of hassle, I may test the fuse when I am at my parents next (Dad has a lot more tools than me) if not then ill just put up with it.

3. I have done the pin trick and pulled the pipe off, still no joy. I even tried blowing through it :eek but it seems blocked like a goodun! I think ill pull it off and give it a good clean out next.

4. Apparently yes it does have a rain sensor, I know this because the auto glass guy was miffed when he turned up with the wrong screen :D I wonder if I am not activating it correctly? Waht is the procedure to fire it up?

Thanks for your help, the car is by no means perfect but the engine runs sweet which is the main thing, just would be nice if some of the toys worked!

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
if you put the r/h stalk up one notch that should select auto wipe...there is a knurled knob in the lever to adjust sensitivity.
i find mine likes to be 'reset' after every start up.
ie put it back down one notch,then put it back up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts