BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright chaps i have a 98 5 series touring and for some reason i cannot get the doors to unlock. the battery is flat and the key lock for some reason will not unlock probably electric. is there any way of gettin in to the car without breaking a window

·
Registered
540 Posts
If you have breakdown cover give them a ring and they'll sort it for you.

Is the battery in the front or back? If the front you maybe able to work the bonnet open from underneath then attach a jump pack or something.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the battery is in the back. it shas a fault with the suspension and thought it was time to sort it!! but i cant get in lol i was hoping i dont have to break anything

·
Administrator
4,221 Posts
I had battery problems with my E36, as the battery was in the boot I could open it with the key.

There's usually an emergency release on the bonnet if you look for it, if the battery is in the front.

Breakdown services should be able to get in without damaging your car.

Also please can we be careful about what we post as we don't know who is reading!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
The positive battery terminal can be got to from underneath the car if jacked up IIRC, it's on the passenger side just tucked to the left and behind the engine bay.

Otherwise pop a number plate light out and connect some jump leads to the number plate wires, this will power up the locking enough so you can unlock the car.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The positive battery terminal can be got to from underneath the car if jacked up IIRC, it's on the passenger side just tucked to the left and behind the engine bay.

Otherwise pop a number plate light out and connect some jump leads to the number plate wires, this will power up the locking enough so you can unlock the car.
thanks ronnie, nice one for that the terminal underneath sorted it no straight away. thanks alot BMW told me to break a window

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.