BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1998 E39 M5 Quad exhaust idea

Tags
quad
745 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rumpleforeskin 
#1 ·
Hi,

Been chatting this over today, generally to fit a Quad exhaust on the E39 non M5 you have to fit one of those exhausts that run along the back of the diffuser or chop up the spare tyre well to fit a proper setup as per the picture.

But i've just been thinking, what if the below was fitted but with the mufflers removed ? Just do a muffler delete - would mean the spare well wouldn't need as much cut out(if any?) and you could still carry a spare ?

Just run some straight 3" pipes straight through, keep the Y resinator for back pressure etc.

Thoughts ?

#3 ·
That is an option, but it would require the same thought process.

I don't want to use the setup that runs along the back of the diffuser or the setup with the pipe welded on after the Y resinator around the spare well, looks guff!

I've been doing a fair bit of research into a custom exhaust. A few people and companies i've spoken with keep coming back with the same conclusion that decatting an M52 engine is a bad idea as is removing the Y resinator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.