BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've recently got an E39 535i. I've found some paperwork from an indy, stating that an "Error 112 - Cam Position Sensor" was found when the codes were read earlier this year.

I've rang my local dealership, I wanted them to read the codes to see if the error is still current (there's no receipt for the error getting rectified), but instead of just reading the codes, they want to do a half day's diagnosis @ £134.94! :confused:mad

Is this necessary? The replacement part including fitting is only £114.24... I thought reading the codes would be all the diagnosis they need?

It seems crazy to spend an extra £135 to check whether I need to spend £115? :shifty::shifty::shifty:

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably cheaper for you to buy a Peake Research code reader and check them yourself :hihi
I've got a local indy I can use - but I just want to know if reading the codes will tell them (with a degree of certainty) if there is a current fault on the cam sensor (and which one - if there is more than one)?

Does the code reading state the last occurrence of the fault (in date/time format) or just the order?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really depends what errors your car has stored. The professional diagnostic gear will give event info. but quick hand held ones will just pull out current stored codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts