BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read alot of the other posts concerning this, but i think my problem is a little different.

I washed the car (yes, i know........now), and the sensors have since stopped working other than the initial beeping noise when reverse is first engaged. As i said i have read the other posts so i checked for the clicking noises (all OK) and then did the walk up to/wave hand across the sensors to which only one seemed to react correctly. The others did nothing. So my questions are these;

1. Which ones are the most likely to be not working considering they are all clicking?

2. Are they simple to replace? I've seen one post saying that the e39 touring my need the whole bumper to come off!!

3. If it is the one on the drivers side bumper trim, whats the best way to remove the trim without damaging the bumper?

4. Is there a simple fix (they should have dried out by now!) or will it definately involve replacing a part?

5. Does a year go by when i won't find something wrong with my car?

Sorry it's a bit long-winded, but i didn't want to only dish out half the info. Hope you can help,

James

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi mate,

You may find that the problem is a trapped wire(s).

I have a mate with the touring that has the original sensors and he had the problem of them not working when it rained or he washed the car.

As to the bumper needing to come off, don't panic! I can now get the touring rear bumper off in about 10 mins and its pretty easy to see if the wires have been trapped then, if so just taping them up and refitting the bumper will solve the problem, providing you make sure that the wires don't trap on refitting! :)

If you need advice or even pics of this give me a shout, my mate took dozens of pics when I did his.

If you happen to be near Rotherham I would glady help you out.

Hope this helps...........Al

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies. I will check for trapped wires and attempt to remove the bumper!!

I'm not sure how it will all go, i may be looking for a new bumper soon!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts