BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A mate of mine has a e46 520i 1998 S and he is having a problem with the temperature inside his car where by the heat is on full even when he only turn's it to be warm and then when he turn the switch to cool its goes cold.

He has been told that it could be his temperature value, can anyone tell me if this is ture and if so where is it :eek:ptimist.

There isn'y any problems with the engine temperature that is alway spot on

cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
A mate of mine has a e46 520i 1998 S and he is having a problem with the temperature inside his car where by the heat is on full even when he only turn's it to be warm and then when he turn the switch to cool its goes cold.
Rephrase, are you talking blower speed or just the temperature? BTW, e46 520i must be a new model :hihi...but I think you must mean E39 as your title (guessing corrected by Ian :hihi).

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Sounds like the heater valve, you could fault find it by using a multimeter on the plug and checking for a change in the voltage when the temperature is changed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.