BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am slowly finding faults with my new 750. Nothing major so far but the latest one I have just discovered is the passenger side rear door wont open. The central locking is working fine and releases when I operate the interior handle as well.
Unfortunatley it wont open with either handles, inside or outside. I assume after browsing forum etc the problem lies in whats known as the Bowden cable.
All very simple if the door an be opened in the first place but I've had a brief look, and removing the door card whilst the door is closed looks to be a bit of a nightmare.
Has anyone had any experience of this? Can the door be opened any other way or is the door card removable whilst the door is closed?
Also rather coincidently, the speaker in said door rattles a bit. So I need to get card off for more than one reason. Maybe the bowden cable or whatever has fallen off inside is vibrating on speaker??
Cheers guys.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Ronnie. Thats exactly what I need. My car is an individual colour and door cards are matching so not eeasy to get hold of used. Will try at the weekend but looks like there will be some unwanted damage to the card. :-(
Thanks again. :thumbsup

·
Registered
183 Posts
don't know if you got it off yet but click this link and this will show you how. its for the front but when i done mine the only difference is theres 2 centre clip on the rear panels but the video will explan it better

click here

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Im chuffed to bits. Thanks to you guys Ive got the panel off without any damage (excluding plastic panel clips, which have been ordered).
The child lock was on, which was stopping the inside handle working.
And the pivot connecting the outside door handle cable to the release mechanism was broken off, see pic below.......(not my pic, couldnt get camera to take decent pic)

A bit of creative use of mig wire and 15 mins later and the outside handle now works too.
I also cured the rattling door speaker whilst I was at it which was annoying the hell out of me.
Cheers guys. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Reactions: Ronnie

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers mate. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts