BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just back after a 6 week trip with work and the battery is dead. Central locking worked ok but starter won't turn over, not even a clunk!

Took out the battery to charge it and checked the voltage before hooking it to the charger - 9V - Oh dear!

I had similar problems during the winter months after 5 or 6 weeks of not using the car, which I expected due to the cold weather here in the north east of Scotland, but I thought it would be fine today after the recent good weather here while I was away.

There's a date stamp with the year 08 on the battery so it doesnt seem that old to me, but the car hasn't been used much since I bought it 2 years ago (due to my 5 weeks on, 5 off rotations offshore) and it was off the road for almost a year before I bought it. So the battery has probably spent most of it's life draining through the circuits in the car than it has being charged and used as it should.

So guys and gals, what do you reckon? I think get a new one. But which one?? Any ideas? And how much will it sting me?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I bought a Bosch silverline with 5 year warranty heavy duty, £125 from Halfords.

Shop around and you will probably get a better deal. ( I was in a hurry)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts