BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the best way to used the kit i have never used clay before . is there any do"s and dont"s to doing this job ??

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
As StK says really...

Wash and rinse the car first, then get a spray bottle and add a small amount of car shampoo in it with water and use that as a lubricant (You can use a "proper" lubricant from somewhere like Autobrite Detailing such as http://shop.autobritedirect.co.uk/b...and-clay-lubricant---various-sizes-2580-p.asp if you want - that's what I use). You will know if you haven't got enough as it will "drag" across the paintwork...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rite ok / whats best after i have lots of autoglym stuff so i have super resin polish and high definiton wax can i use both ? i all so have extra gloss protection it says to use after the super resin . could you then use the wax on top of that to ???

·
Registered
234 Posts
rite ok / whats best after i have lots of autoglym stuff so i have super resin polish and high definiton wax can i use both ? i all so have extra gloss protection it says to use after the super resin . could you then use the wax on top of that to ???
Autoglym is good stuff but hard work if your paint aint up to scratch already - if you are at your 'first clay stage' I'd suggest you buy something like Meguiars Speed Glaze which has a 4/10 cut rating, it's pretty useful by hand and much easier/cleaner to work with in my experience. Speed Glaze will remove scratches from extra fine paper but also gives a nice shine without marring. Pure polish can then be used afterwards (if your anal like me) - the one in the same Mirror Glaze range is calld 'show car glaze'. Hereafter use a wax of choice to protect the polished finish.

Otherwise you can either revert to the Autoglym SPR and EGP without needing to wax - EGP is a hard wax product and is a s**t to buff off.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
clayed it polished it with the resin then sealed it then used hd wax on top come out really nice as paint is in very good nick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts