BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Bought a new Kenwood stereo a month or so back, after helpful advice from you guys, finally got the wiring sorted and the CD player works a treat!. I had to buy a antenna connection from halfords, which is the correct one. but still no radio !! nothing at all :(

crazy question but where is the ariel ,? don't even know where to start with finding the problem!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi . Have checked all connections and they seem fine. weird question, but i have film tints.can this affect the reception at all ? can't get AM or MW either.

re-checked all the stereo connections , its a new head unit and wonder if it may be faulty. the stereo i got with the car didnt work at all. so not sure if it ever worked

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i had the same problem i have a sony in my 3 series had to wire a blue wire to the blue wire on H/Unit as i found the aerial is amplified. The wire i used on the headunit had auto antenna written on the wire joined them together and i had radio :) this might the cause of you not having radio.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you , I have re-checked (again) the connections and rewired ! I have radio!! well just, the signal keeps coming and going, radio 1 is pretty much non existent and the local radio station is more interferance than music!

Is it possible as the rear window is tinted this could affect the reception or do i need a booster ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
under the passenger side rear quarter panel by the side of the rear screen there is a box that plugs into the rear screen so I'm told this is usually the prob but I'm still trying to find out where u get these as i have no radio myself not much help but hope it guides u in the right direction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.