BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the forums without success. The drivers door window lowered slightly, as it should, when the door was opened. It would not raise again when the door closed, which prevented the central locking from operating and the interior light stayed on. I checked the fuses, all ok, but don't know which relay operates this window. Any ideas for how to resolve this problem are welcomed. Thanks.
Andy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Window closure fault

Hi,
Thanks for the advice, but i have tried it, i gave it a good dose of wd40, and tried pushing it in several times, without success. I dont hear the pump running like i would normally when opening the door. The window will open and close normally by it's switch, and the footwell lights function as they should. I guess i'll have to have the trim out, to get to the back of the switch to check for broken wiring etc. Without having a service manual/ wiring diagram, i'm gonna have fun tracing the wiring through. Any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks again.
Andy.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i put money on it that the microswitch at the door latch is faulty swap it with the passenger one and try it,

when taking out the bolts dont let the plate that the bolts screw into fall or you will need to strip the rear door card off to get it out

·
Registered
9 Posts
watching with interest to see if this works for you... I have just noticed that the near side window on my M3 does not drop when you open the door (and similarly does not raise when you shut it). The power window works fine on the window switch, so understand how a sensing microswtch may be at fault.

its off to the garage tomorrow for a minor job, so may have them test the switch whilst its there.

good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1998 E36 M3, Evo II cab, offside window fault - FIXED.
I had it at the garage for a 65k service and had them look at this problem too. They have said the mechanism has a bit of play in it, and so it is moving but not lifting the window enough to close it. It has been adjusted accordingly. They said the switch in the doorpost is fine. Hopefully it is not goin to cause any more problems. A big 'Thank you' to those who gave suggestions to the fault.

·
Registered
515 Posts
check for corrossion on your switch contacts that stopped mine from working as it should cleaned the terminals up and put back, works fine now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts