BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
can anyone help me, i wass letting the top down on my convertible, when it readched the stage of the cover opening, but then it stopped. i suspect a fuse gone in the luggage compartment. but i cant get in can anyone help me please.

cheers

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Lift up the rear seat and pull the handle with the red tag on it. This will dissengage the motor behind the carpet in the boot on the left hand side and the lid should fall but be careful it doesnt smack you in the head.

There is a fuse for the hood that will be next to the positive battery terminal. Check that. If still no luck have a look at the link below on how to reset it all.

YouTube - BMW DIY #3 E36 Top Repair

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi gringog we've closed the roof as said but having problems re-engaging first motor ne ideas cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had (still have, as not got to fixing propperly yet) this problem, took ages to figure out but mine gets to the same point and if i move the bar that goes above the rear window toward the front of the car as someone operates the switch then it continues to do the rest and works. i presume its stretched tension straps in the roof, but im no expert on these as im new to the verts. hope it helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts