BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Hope someone out there can shed some light on my dilema.

I just bought a K&N induction kit for my 328i 1998 convertible. The kit they sent (part no 57-0190-1) lists it for a BMW 325i E36 24V L6 1991-1995.

Have they sent me the wrong kit or will the filter cone fit straight onto the MAS with the filter box removed (it seems to fit fine).

The instructions show various bits which don't coincide with my car. The kit also comes with a flexi cold air hose. Should I use the hose or fabricate a box to keep the engine heat from the filter...or both??

I'm also fitting a stainless sports back box will these mods effect the running of the car, will it need remapping or should it still run reliable albiet a bit noisy and hopefully a little more grunt.

Thanks in advance:thumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
It fits fine..only the M3 has a bigger MAF on it..this kit will fit 320,323,325 and 328....You defiantely need a heatshield.I would recommend an M50B25 manifold conversion as this will give far ore gain than any induction kit will

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks guys, Happy bunny now. I thought some [email protected] had sold me the wrong kit, I'll fit it this week and look at sourcing a heatsheild.
The sound is fantastic :hihi You don't know its there until 4000 Rpm and if your foot is on the floor through to 6k ish you're rewarded with an amazing noise :cool quick shifts sound great too :hihi

I wouldn't fit it until you have a heatshield :thumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
The sound is fantastic :hihi You don't know its there until 4000 Rpm and if your foot is on the floor through to 6k ish you're rewarded with an amazing noise :cool quick shifts sound great too :hihi

I wouldn't fit it until you have a heatshield :thumbsup
Fit an M50 manifold and it'll keep going past 6K :cool

X

·
0 Posts
Chances are the kit is correct. The cold air feed is recommended as is a heat shield. Once you've fitted both induction and back box, personally I'd just disconnect the battery, turn the ignition on and press the brake pedal for 10 seconds. This drains all the electricity in the cars system. When the battery is reconnected the ECU will reset itself and essentially re-learn(adapt) to your own driving style over the next 150 miles ish. All modern standard ECUs do this. The car will "learn" there is more air coming in and the exhaust can leave easier.
To be honest the most you might gain is 2-3bhp although you may find you lose ponies do to warmer air going in to the engine, on the plus side though it'll sound sexy as hell :)
I knew about disconnecting the battery but turning the ignition on and pressing the brake pedal is new to me, I will give this a try at some point :thumbsup

oops, nearly forgot. Will this effect a remapped ECU please? Just to be sure .

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I knew about disconnecting the battery but turning the ignition on and pressing the brake pedal is new to me, I will give this a try at some point :thumbsup

oops, nearly forgot. Will this effect a remapped ECU please? Just to be sure .
I thought that only worked for OBD I cars?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts