BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before Christmas I replaced the rear trailing arm bushes and now its warmed up, I'm going to do the front lower arm bushes. My question is, can the front lower arms be adjusted for camber, etc? I know the rears can, but the fronts look fixed (hence the need for eccentric bushes on M3s/sports). I'm concerned I'm going to replace the bushes with powerflex ones and find the thing almost undrivable/shaking, etc. Is this likely? I do intend to get a 4 wheel alignment done, but the nearest is about 25 miles away. I want to be able to get there.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The only thing you need to undo the bolts on to replace the lower arm bushes is the bracket that the bush sits in. No need to touch the tie rods:confused

Have a look in this picture

I would always recommend that you have touched ANY suspension component:thumbsup

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only thing you need to undo the bolts on to replace the lower arm bushes is the bracket that the bush sits in. No need to touch the tie rods:confused

Have a look in this picture

I would always recommend that you have touched ANY suspension component:thumbsup
Yes, I know in this instance not necessary, but I was referring to the original reply where the chap said don't touch the tierods. Sorry.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Yes, I know in this instance not necessary, but I was referring to the original reply where the chap said don't touch the tierods. Sorry.
I was just trying to show that there is no need to touch the tie rods:thumbsup

I would still advise that the wheel alignment is at least checked afterwards... Fiver says it needs adjusting:lol (Forum Donation obviously;))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.