BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is buggered... excuse my french lol

Apparently im losing alot of power because of this, not sure if this is true.

But wondered where I can get one from and how much will it cost?

Thanks in advance :shifty:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks :)
Its £44 including postage on the link you gave me first.

Ill check the other now!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I do want a camshaft sensor..

God this is going wrong lmao.. Now im mega confused.

I had a plug in test and they told me then.

EDIT - someone edited my title, im sure I didnt put crankshaft sensor, seeing as I didnt know it existed lmao. O god I dont know now lol maybe I did put it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah man I guess I must have put it.

I went back on that site (the top one) and typed camshaft.. and they dont sell one for my car :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I actually corrected your thread title including your car model...but was originally titled 'Crankshaft Sensor' :hihi...will be corrected soon.

Good thing you only have single vanos otherwise you would have 2 camshaft sensors to worry about :thumbsup. I would actually buy the part from the dealer as aftermarket sensors have been prone to early faults.

Part: 12 14 1 703 221
Price: £80.50 :frown

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
I would do both of them anyway, ive had cam sensor faults that actually turned out to be the crank sensor :confused
If you can get them them both for under £100 i would do them. :thumbsup

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually corrected your thread title including your car model...but was originally titled 'Crankshaft Sensor' :hihi...will be corrected soon.

Good thing you only have single vanos otherwise you would have 2 camshaft sensors to worry about :thumbsup. I would actually buy the part from the dealer as aftermarket sensors have been prone to early faults.

Part: 12 14 1 703 221
Price: £80.50 :frown

Lol. you better watch my threads I can be a bit of a wally lmao!

That is not a nice price :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would usually worry about the crank sensor if you have starting problems Steve. The camshaft sensor is used by the ECU for sequential fuel injection and knock control...hence, stall or loss of power.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey there,
I used GSF - German Swedish French for my Cam and Crankshaft sensors, just give them a ring, tell them your reg and your sure to be getting the right parts, another thing, if they don't have them in the branch, they'll get them delivered, often the same day to the branch nearest to you, they got mine for me in 3 hours!! Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Melly, I would listen to 328Mark and NealP, I am a confident tinkerer!

But they know more than me, I have been ok with my GSF parts (something to note - GSF replacement sensors, will have a plastic rather than metal case, so don't be alarmed when un wrapping them) but you may be un lucky, good luck JJ

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Apparently it depends which one it is, as apparently I have two.

One takes ten mins, the other takes alot longer.

Unsure if this is correct.

If its a £10 job it will cost me about £2.50 lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts