BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Heater blower would not run on my 325TDS. Using this forum for help I Managed to expose motor but could not get it out of air intake housing it is such a tight fit I am worried about breaking the fans on each side of the motor.
So after spraying the motor shaft (armature) and brushes with WD40 it ran for about a week. I know that it is the brushes that need replaced and have 2 questions

1)Although I can expose the motor how can I remove it without breaking the fans - If I have to break the fans where can I get new ones - any help or pics would be greatly appreciated

2)Where can I go to to get new brushes for the motor.

Any help with this would be appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heater blower

Hi,
Not yet, will try and get it out this afternoon, Looking at the forum most people say you have to break fans but someone has said on a post that bending the metal work gave him clearance.
Will try and remove intact , if not does anyone know where I can just get the fan.
Also does anyone know where I can order Brushes for the motor as OEMFORUM shows it at 400 dollar and I know it is just the brushes that are worn.

Help from anyone would be appreciated

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Managed to get motor out without breaking fans, If you strip out the front panel you can pull the motor to the right ( you need to push the plastic fan down a little to clear the wiper arm bolt. Its tricky but once clear of the plastic case it comes away ok (after 2hours of trying ). After all that it turns out the the copper armature was cracked so I will have to replace the motor. A local scrap yard (U-PULL-IT) will sell for £5 if I can get the right one so will have to keep checking ( stripped 3 so far but slightly different motors ) Will keep trying

1 - 5 of 5 Posts